Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weeks 1 & 2

Well, it's really nice out today. Perfect weather, just cool enough for a jacket. I watched a slide show about lifelong learning, and I read a Wikipedia article about Library 2.0. I created a blog. The Cubs are in first.

Overall, it's been a good day so far.

And.. apparently I'm supposed to write about lifelong learning.. Okay, here goes..

I think everyone is a "lifelong learner," whether they know it or not. Just think about how many mundane things you do every day. For example, if you aren't me, you might make your bed. Chances are, you'll get better at it after years and years of doing this. Obviously, there are more important things to learn than making a bed (although, if you're me, you still don't really know how...), but the idea is there. It applies to everything you do. Maybe you cook. (Again, not really my forte..). I'm guessing that experience makes you better at it. I can't say, I haven't done it. Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't be talking about all these things I'm NOT learning....

Okay, I play music. Every day. I've definitely gotten better over time.

My point is, I guess, that everyone is a "lifelong learner" in some way. We need to take that ability to learn, that some of us don't even know is there, and apply it everywhere. Anyone can learn anything, if they are willing to try.

So there it is, I hope it's long enough.

2 comments:

Librarian Judy said...

What a clever title - it gets your blog listed at the very top!! I thought we had to do 100 words about lifelong learning..............

Polyurethane said...

What?? 100 words????? Ugh..