Saturday, October 11, 2008

Okay, great...

So there's a search engine for blogs, and it's called Technorati.

I looked at a few random blogs.. one about Sarah Palin, one about the iPhone, one about Windows 7, and one about.. I can't remember. But anyway, yeah, I guess this could be useful, I'll definitely remember to use it when doing research on something I want to buy.. I mean, if there's any market for it at all, somebody's probably written a blog about it, so I will probably use Technorati in the future, yeah.

Anyway. I'm not going to do the optional thing, because I'm lazy.

Okay, let's get Library 2.0 in here, as well.

Um.. yeah. I'm not really a librarian... and I've worked here as a page for only a few weeks.. so maybe I'm missing something. But aren't libraries, like everybody else, always trying to adapt and change with the world around them? Aren't they, like everyone else, always trying to be more efficient, give better service, stay up-to-date?

I mean, like I said, maybe I'm missing the concept here. But it sounds like we're taking something that everybody does out of necessity, slapping on the rather kitchy (in my humble Library Page's opinion) label of "Library 2.0," and trying to make it something profound, when really, it's just things we're SUPPOSED to do anyway: provide good "customer service," run things smoothly, stay up with the times, etc. And if we haven't been doing that up until now.. well, I'm not sure what to say about that.

Seriously, if I'm misunderstanding this concept, help me out. I don't want to be blabbing about a topic about which I really know nothing. So enlighten me, I'm definitely open to looking at things from a different perspective.

No comments: